LOVE

LOVE

Monday, October 24, 2011

Apple Pie

We recently picked a WHOLE LOT OF APPLES!!! I made a pie with some of them that came out really delicious. I usually like to use this recipe that has almond flour in it, suggested by a dear sister (who is a fabulous cook/baker), but I was out of almond flour. I instead found this recipe, and used organic butter and organic vegetable shortening...while it came out nicely I think I will stick with all butter in the future. To be honest, I did eat the majority of the pie, as I have discovered my girls are not really pie people and my husband is never home. Mind you, I always ate one slice at a time (in a single day), I promise. Who says you can't drown your sorrows in pie?!?! Who says? Just Kidding, but really....I do love pie.
Lots, and Lots of love,
Mon

4 comments:

  1. mmm... i love pie! i wanna try out a new apple pie recipe--not a crust recipe, i like the old one, but i was thinking of trying a different recipe for the filling. know any good ones i should try?

    dave doesn't like pie, so i usually end up eating most of the pie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks delicious, though I don't really like the apple cakes! I'll try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cryn-the recipe that I used this time for the filing was not so good. It had you put so much lemon, and it was a little too lemony. Also, I probably didn't chopped the apples small enough because they didn't get gooey and yummy. Joe's recipe was the best. He had me add all the ingredients and saute them in the pan to caramelize them a bit. I added a bit more sugar and cinnamon than this recipe too! Love you!
    Dorika-Hope you like it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete