LOVE

LOVE

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Butter...

A new thing that our family is beginning to do, is make our own butter. We buy our milk and eggs at a local farm and after a conversation with the farmer...I ordered some cream from him...and tried my hand at making butter! It came out wonderfully! I have since ordered more cream and have made 1lb of butter (which I measured into 1/2 cup molds and are in the freezer) and plan to make more, soon!! It really is so easy! 

We had our first taste of our butter at breakfast with toast from freshly made bread, and everyone was pleased!! So hooray for butter!!!
Love,
Mon

8 comments:

  1. What farm? Is it milky way? we love homemade butter! Where did you get a 1/2 cup mold? <3 janet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Janet-Well, I used the top of the butter tray but found that once I measured the butter into a measuring cup, I then dropped it unto wax paper. I rolled it and kind of formed it into the shape I wanted. It resembled the traditional butter rectangle you buy at the store. The first time I made some in a circle shape from a glass cup. I wanted them pre-measured so I could bake easily. I did get a gallon of cream from milky way. I think I'm going to get my next batch from seven stars, they are closer!

      Delete
  2. I love making homemade butter! It is so much better tasting than store bought and perfect on toast or biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is perceptibly a bundle to know about this. I believe you made various good points in features also.

    - rent a car in india | car hire ahmedabad | car hire in ahmedabad

    ReplyDelete